Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tetrix and other updates!

A few weeks ago I got the Tetrix Education Base Set sold by Lego Education that is compatible with the NXT for my birthday! It is like a Mindstorm NXT on steroids! All parts are made out of aircraft grade aluminum (a strong lightweight metal) their is four motors and a ton of parts, it all hooks up to the NXT the controller. I will be posting some of the projects that I make with my Tetrix/Mindstorm on my blog, Although I won't be posting any projects this week because of a broken charger which should arrive sometimes next week.


Okay so my GBC "The Circulator" that I built got featured on the NXT Step(xD) and the blog editor asked me if I was going to make building instructions, I decided I would so I commented back and told him I would have them up in a couple of weeks. So as of right know I am putting the circulator back together from just the pictures I took and am aiming to finish building it by tommorow and hope to have the  instructions done sometime next week!

I have some awesome projects planned and am going to make them soon! So stay tuned for the next couple of weeks!


I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good RobotC tutorial that I could use? (I need it for programming Tetrix) Also how hard is it to learn the language?

4 comments:

  1. Take a look at the webinars here: http://www.robotc.net/education/webinars/
    you should also look here: http://www.robotc.net/education/curriculum/tetrix/
    i know you have to buy it but there are some samples that may help
    i use RobotC with NXT and it is great with accuracy by the way so if you are going to go to a competition with NXT anytime,e soon you should learn that too - don't know who different they are

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info! I will be buying the software after my thirty day free trial is up! I am also wondering how easy is it to learn?

      Delete
  2. Cool. I like the tetrix. Is it worth buying? My blog doesn't have nearly as much posts. (1nxtmonster.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is worth buying! I will check your blog out.

      Delete