Saturday, April 28, 2012

The "Desert Offroader"

After about a day or two of building (approx. 4-5 hrs.) I finished my entry into the unoffical NXTLog car building challenge! The gear ratio of the driving mechanism is 1:1 I originally planned for the ratio to be 1:5 but that was way to fast and it couldn't go over rougher terrain that well.The steering is pretty much the same as HumvNXT but it has been improved. Their are also some realistic features such as a working steering wheel, a gas pedal and a spare tire on the back. It uses no sensors so it is controlled via another NXT. You can see some more photos and download the programs HERE.

Here is a short video a made of The Desert Offroader:
I wouldn't consider this one of my best projects but I still think it is pretty cool!

4 comments:

  1. WOOOOWWWW!!!! very cool car man!!! post the instructions someday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't think I will make instructions for it though. :-(

      Delete
  2. when it says "download the program HERE" the HERE goes to The Circulator post.....i'm amusing you meant to link to the NXT log and just put the long link in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops.... I put the wrong link in somehow? Thanks for telling me I will fix it!

      Delete